The question of what are the harms of thyme tea does not come to mind because it is a useful plant. However, thyme tea also has various harmful side effects according to health status, amount of use and shape. In this article, we specifically mentioned the possible negative effects of thyme tea, which is used in many areas such as bad breath, colic, sore throat, tonsillitis and ear infections.
What are the Harms of Thyme Tea?
The harms of thyme tea depend on several factors, as we mentioned in the introduction. Sometimes it triggers a chronic disorder, sometimes it causes allergies, and sometimes it interacts with the drugs used. If you wish, let's consider these harmful effects in headings.
About Possible Side Effects of Thyme Tea
Thyme tea is considered safe when consumed in normal quantities. Thyme tea does not cause any side effects when taken orally for short periods of time. But in rare cases it can cause digestive system discomfort, headache or dizziness in some people. Thyme tea, water or oil is also generally considered harmless when applied to the skin. In some people with sensitive skin, applying thyme oil to the skin can cause irritation. There is not enough information to know if it is safe to take thyme oil orally in high doses, as opposed to thyme tea.
Can Kids Drink Thyme Tea?
Thyme tea is considered safe when consumed by children in small quantities. Thyme does not cause any harm when used as a drug for a short time, but it should not be overdone. There is no certainty as to whether other products obtained from thyme instead of thyme tea can be used by children.
Is It Harmful to Drink Thyme Tea During Breastfeeding and Pregnancy?
It is considered safe to consume thyme tea in small quantities during pregnancy and lactation. However, it is not known whether it is safe to use thyme tea in excessive quantities. Avoid drinking excessive amounts of thyme tea during pregnancy and during breastfeeding just in case.
Harms of Thyme Tea
Possible side effects and harms of thyme tea include:
- Allergy to thyme and similar plants: People who are allergic to thyme or other types of Lamiaceae may also be allergic to thyme tea.
- Bleeding disorders: Thyme tea can slow blood clotting. Drinking thyme tea can increase your risk of bleeding, especially in large quantities.
- In hormone-sensitive diseases such as breast cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, or uterine fibroids: Thyme tea can disrupt the hormone balance by acting as an estrogen hormone in the body. If you have a hormone-related disorder, drinking thyme tea can be dangerous for you. Therefore, it is essential to avoid drinking excessive amounts of thyme tea during pregnancy and lactation.
- Surgery: Thyme tea can reduce the rate of blood clotting. Therefore, there are some opinions that it may increase the likelihood of bleeding during and after a surgical intervention. Stop using thyme tea at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
What are the harms of thyme tea that may occur as a result of drug interactions?
Drugs that slow down blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interact with thyme tea. Thyme tea can slow down blood clotting. Therefore, consuming thyme tea together with drugs that reduce blood clotting poses a great risk.
Some drugs that slow blood clotting include cloidogrel (Plavix), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), Motrin, naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), enoxaparin (Lovenox), dalteparin (Fragmin), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin).
How Much Thyme Tea Can Be Drank Per Day?
The appropriate dose of thyme tea depends on many conditions such as age, diseases and lifestyle. At this time, there is no scientific study that can say the appropriate amount for thyme tea. Therefore, it is worth consulting your doctor before drinking thyme tea. If you do not have such facilities, you can monitor your health by drinking no more than two cups of thyme tea a day, and stop drinking thyme tea when you see possible harmful effects. Benefits of Cemen Tea If You Wish: What Is Cemen Weed Tea Good for? and Benefits of Cumin Tea Harms and How to Prepare Cumin Tea? you can also read the articles titled "
What are the Harms and Side Effects of Thyme Tea?
blem,- Hormone im
ty to bleeding,- All
teraction with blood thinning drugs.
- What are the Harms of Thyme Tea?
- Harms of Thyme Tea