The harms of toast are not well known. Many things, not just bread, can have a cancer-causing effect when overcooked or fried. In this article, we tried to summarize the situations in which toast can cause harmful side effects and the reasons.
What are the Harms of Toast?
The flavor of lightly roasted or partly burnt bread is pleasing to some. Sometimes rubbing breakfasts such as butter, honey and cream on a well-toasted bread adds flavour. But when certain carbohydrate-rich foods, such as bread or potatoes, are heated to high temperatures, it forms a compound of acrylamide, which is suspected to cause cancer. At the same time, the vitamins that exist during the overcooking process evaporate from the bread. On the other hand, the GI value of toast is low, which means that it increases blood sugar more evenly. Toast is better than fresh bread in this respect.
What are the Drawbacks of Toasting in the Oven or Toaster?
As we mentioned above, toasting bread is very functional in many respects, both in terms of taste and usage. Sometimes the bread is fried to add to the soups and sometimes to add to the meatballs. However, re-frying the bread, which has already been subjected to a cooking process, to a slightly burning level paves the way for the appearance of harmful compounds that can cause cancer. But how risky is toasting bread? If you wish, let's consider the answer to this question under item by item headings:
Fresh wholegrain bread (when never fried)
- It contains only a little acrylamide, which is reasonably caused by the effect of the first cooking.
- Wholegrain bread, which has never been fried, has the effect of rapidly raising blood sugar.
Harms of lightly toasted regular bread
- Among the types of frying, it has at least acrylamide level of light toast.
- It has less blood sugar-boosting effect than bread that has never been fried.
The harms of roasted bread until it turns brown
- The rate of increase in blood sugar has decreased slightly.
- In such moderately roasted breads, the amount of acrylamide, which has a dangerously carcinogenic effect, occurs.
The harms of toast with piecemeal blackness
The region with an excessive acrylamide content has a very high risk level of acrylamide, although toast with burns is innocent in raising blood sugar. Therefore, toast with burns on it should never be consumed. These warnings are not only for bread, all overcooked foods carry the same risk. If you wish, what are the harms of eating chips during pregnancy, which we talk about what harmful effects of chips, which are fried products, can cause during pregnancy? -You can also read the article Titled Eating Chips during Pregnancy.
Is It Inconvenient to Eat Toast?
Is Eating Burnt Bread Harmful?
- What are the Harms of Toast?